‘For Men To Talk’ is very proud to stand with CPSL Mind in their STOP Suicide campaign. For the next foreseeable months, you will see their logo on the ‘For Men To Talk’ group meeting posters and other marketing material.
STOP Suicide is an award-winning suicide prevention campaign that seeks to empower communities and individuals across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough to help stop suicides by being alert to the warning signs, asking directly about suicide and helping those who are feeling suicidal to stay safe.
It focusses on encouraging men to open up about their mental health experiences and encourage others to ask openly and directly if they are worried that someone may be at risk.
- An estimated one in five of us has had suicidal thoughts at some point in our lives.
- Three-quarters of suicides in the UK are by men.
- Seventy per cent of people who die by suicide have not been in contact with mental health services in the year before their death.
- The single biggest group remains middle aged men.
- Suicide rates in younger men have been incrementally increasing in recent years.
This is a Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and South Lincolnshire Mind (CPSL Mind) campaign, funded by Cambridgeshire County Council and Peterborough City Council.
For more information, please visit https://stopsuicidepledge.org/